Hopin is seeking a DevOps Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in DevOps, or DevSecOps, environments to maintain and build upon our existing infrastructure.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 50 and growing.
- Work with other team members deploying, maintaining and securing infrastructure.
- Complete third-party vendor assessments (a.k.a risk assessments).
- Set up internal vulnerability scans.
- Work with external penetration testers to coordinate tests.
- Have strong focus on automation and efficiency.
- Think strategically about how to evolve our products.
- Have a desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional way.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems.
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in code reviews and actively provides feedback on others’ designs/code.
- Makes tactical vs. strategic tradeoffs.
- 3+ years of experience working in commercial environment doing SRE, DevOps, Sysadmin, compliance etc.
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiar with a Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Great written and spoken English.
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Redis or Memcache.
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Knowledge of Terraform and Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Honeycomb.io, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
Competitive salary Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world Flexible schedules Laptop assigned, Mac or DELL XPS 800 USD for Home-Office set up