At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events. As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin is seeking a DevOps Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in DevOps, or DevSecOps, environments to maintain and build upon our existing infrastructure.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 50 and growing.
- Work with other team members deploying, maintaining and securing infrastructure.
- Complete third-party vendor assessments (a.k.a risk assessments).
- Set up internal vulnerability scans.
- Work with external penetration testers to coordinate tests.
- Have strong focus on automation and efficiency.
- Think strategically about how to evolve our products.
- Have a desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional way.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems.
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in code reviews and actively provides feedback on others’ designs/code.
- Makes tactical vs. strategic tradeoffs.
- 3+ years of experience working in commercial environment doing SRE, DevOps, Sysadmin, compliance etc.
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiar with a Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Great written and spoken English.
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Redis or Memcache.
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Knowledge of Terraform and Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Honeycomb.io, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
A competitive starting salary for this role and an opportunity for bonuses as we scale. We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world (preferably within 3 hours from London). However, if you’re based in London you can work with the Founder, Ops and the Tech Lead in the heart of Shoreditch.