Senior Full-Stack Engineer
At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events. As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
With significant early traction, we're working towards building our in-house product & engineering team to be the heartbeat that drives the company forward. (Our aim is to be the fastest-growing startup in Europe in 2020).
We are looking for a full time highly skilled Senior Full Stack Engineer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming – preferably with solid experience in Ruby on Rails and React/Vue JS.
You will be responsible for developing and designing web architecture, ensuring responsiveness of applications, working closely with the development team, running tests, debugging, among other duties.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment as well as working with a remote development team. You will have the opportunity to work within a highlight motivated and collaborative team.
- Analyse, design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software programs for end user applications
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs
- Working with and potentially managing a small agile development team
- Delivering projects and KPIs on-time with high quality
- Design, development and implementation of projects and features
- Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
- Well rounded full stack developer with exposure to all layers of application and development
- 4+ years full stack engineering experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Deployed customer-facing software into a product environment
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Passion for clean and appropriately tested code
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
Nice to have
- Experience with WebRTC, Live Streaming or other related video technologies
- Self-starter, able to deliver project on time meeting high quality standards
- Strong background in technology and application design
- Strong understanding of different software development practices, infrastructure, and how each can help shop more value to customers
- Good communication skills
A competitive starting salary for this role with opportunity for bonuses as we scale. We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world. However, if you’re based in London you can work with the Founder, Ops and the Tech Lead in the heart of Shoreditch.