Head of Business Operations
At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin’s Head of Business Operations will partner with the Chief Business Officer on every aspect of the go-to-market strategy and operations, including Marketing, Sales, Post-Sales and Partnerships. The candidate will be highly analytical and have deep business acumen to quickly gather relevant data, drive insights, and make clear recommendations, but the responsibility doesn’t stop at the analysis and recommendations but will be deeply involved in the implementation. The day will shift from high level long term planning strategy session to working with an engineer on debugging why data is not consistent across dashboards. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative as most projects will require working with other functions including Sales, Marketing, Sales Engineering, Customer Support, Account Management, Product, Finance, and People.
Some representative projects: Instrumenting the go to market functions, defining expansion strategy, global GTM capacity planning, segmentation and prioritization of markets, defining KPIs for the business, pricing and packaging, selecting and implementing tools and processes.
Communication skills are a critical part of the role as the candidate will have to present to the CEO, board members, investors, partners, and internal meetings extensively.
You will be working on the highest priority opportunities, the projects will change rapidly, and no one week will look like the one before. We move very fast and you’ll be at the center of the action.
- Define go to market KPIs from with functional leaders and continuously manage key performance metrics
- Define go to market segmentation across regions, use cases, and types of companies
- Review and redefine pricing and packaging in partnership with product
- Find opportunities to automate manual processes that improve customer experience and efficiency
- Prepare and present business performance updates to the leadership team
- Partner with engineering and functional leads to select and implement new tools and workflows across Marketing, Sales, and Post-Sales
- Lead resource planning for all go to market teams based on revenue, forecast, and potential
- 4+ years of revenue strategy and operations, or go to market consulting experience
- Strong analytical skills and mindset
- Self motivated, can-do attitude, problem solver and can work in a fast paced environment
- Team player who can work cross functionally across multiple departments.
- Strong understanding of SaaS business models
- Experience working / implementing systems and tools for go to market operations
- Passionate about technology
We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world (preferably within 2 hours of US timezones).
A competitive salary, an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing startups in Europe, reshaping the events industry, a fully-remote and distributed team, unlimited holidays and the opportunity to make an impact.