Hopin is seeking a dynamic Engineering Manager to lead a fast growing software engineering team. With 100% team growth already this year, the engineering organization is evolving and scaling to keep pace with the explosive product opportunity. Your leadership will help in rapidly scaling and maturing our remote-first workforce.
The role will involve
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager.
- Hiring, growing and retaining top talent. In particular, mentoring and coaching a geographically distributed group of engineers, while taking ownership of Interviewing and hiring to grow our team.
- Participating in technical design, driving engineering initiatives and owning product quality. Actively shaping & influencing product strategy.
- Acting as point person for the team, when interfacing with Product, Customer Service, peer engineering teams and other parts of the organization.
- Making and meeting commitments to quality and on-pace delivery of new product features.
- Providing clear communication to your team, and the business about the progress and vision.
- At least 8 years experience in software development, with at least 3 of them managing a team in a high paced startup environment.
- Ability to promote team collaboration.
- Strong problem solving skills and background in coding
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
More about you
- You get the very best out of your team.
- You’ve got experience setting goals and measuring your team’s progress towards them (and beyond).
- You lead by example, often going the extra mile yourself.
- You keep the tempo as high as the level of fun.
- You have an ability to positively influence other parts of the business.
- You don’t avoid those difficult conversations.
This is a remote job, but you must be able to cover 5+ hours of GMT time zone work hours per day from wherever you are.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or DELL XPS
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.