Hopin is seeking a Senior Security Engineer who is passionate about integrating security into a modern Agile & DevOps environment. We are looking for someone with strong experience in penetration testing and automated vulnerability scanning bootstrap our Security Operations program and support our rapidly growing global workforce.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 120 and growing.
Our organization is remote-first. We currently have staff in over two dozen countries. We operate around the clock and strive to support flexible hours and schedules but our primary business hours are London, UK time and your work schedule would be expected to accommodate.
- Perform Infrastructure and application security testing.
- Integrate Security Reviews into CI/CD Pipelines.
- Contribute to the design, communication and adoption of a Software Development Life Cycle incorporating security architecture principles.
- Provide domain expertise on protective controls including system, network, encryption, and authentication services.
- Participate in security evaluations and research of platforms, products, and services.
- Work closely with members of the SRE, Development, IT, and Information Security teams to drive impactful changes to the company’s network defense posture.
- Work closely with the compliance and governance teams to implement compliance and security requirements.
- Work with the infrastructure and product teams to ensure that they have secure-by-default systems.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems.
- 3+ years of experience working in commercial environment doing Security Testing.
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own.
- Strong proficiency in scripting and programming languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Ruby).
- Experience operating in an AWS environment.
- Experience with JSON REST APIs.
- Expert familiarity with automated testing tools.
- Experience working with outside Audit and Testing Resources.
- Experience with SSAE 16 / SOC 2, ISO 27001 & NIST.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Great written and spoken English.
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Knowledge of Terraform and Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience with Heroku.
- Experience with enterprise logging solutions (ELK, Datadog, Splunk, etc).
Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
Laptop assigned, Mac or DELL XPS
800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.